Looking for help

Hi.  I am a 27 yo circumcised male.  I woke up one morning about 6 months ago with what I believe is Balanitis xerotica obliterans or Lichen schlerosus on my penis.  It first appeared as thick white flaky skin that i would describe as "super dried out skin" and was somewhat painful.  That went away after a few weeks but the skin was still red and thin and sensitive/not normal.  I waited a while hoping it would go away but it didn't so I googled my symptoms and found BXO/LS. 

I tried Emuaid which didn't help and got a refund.  Other than that I have read that BXO/LS has no known cause and no known cure.  Great!  I suppose at this point I should see a Dermatologist and get an actual diagnosis. 

For the most part it doesn't bother me other than that it is somewhat cosmetically visual.  Recently though it has become sensitive and hurts somewhat when sexually active. 

So is it true, is there no cure for this?  Am I destined to have this on my penis for life? 

I read that it is not contagious, is that for sure true, it cannot be transmitted from one person to another?

Is the best doctor to see for this a Dermatologist? 

Any help and or advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Hi.

First - Thanks for joining this forum.

Second - Don't panic. If you are circumcised from you birth day, you have small chance to have BXO, but the only effective method of diagnosis is to visit a doctor. However, I would advise you to go to a urologist, not dermatologist, because LS can change to urology problem what is BXO and urologists know how to deal with them.

Yes, if you have early symptoms of this disease you can cure it, but often this disease returns, so if you have BXO/LS you gonna probably with it all your life.

This disease is 100% not contagious, so your girlfriend/wife is safe.

Let me know what is the diagnosis, then I'll wrote you how to deal with this in a natural way. You can also ask me a questions using this forms: http://www.bxoforum.com/forum/3-bxo-questions-answers/

Thank you so much for the reply. 

I will see a doctor and report what they say. 

So because I am circumcised you think that it isn't BXO/LS?

Thanks again for the response.  It's scary to think I might have this forever and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the net but it is nice to talk with someone who understands.

This is the main reason why I decided to found this forum. From many years I also feel alone and I have huge problem to find any help in net.

So because I am circumcised you think that it isn't BXO/LS?

It can be BXO but mostly BXO starts on the foreskin and circumcision is kind of treatment.

I have had it maybe 3-6 months.  I've kind of pushed off going to the doctor, is it best to jump on that and go see them right away?

Don't waste your time. Examination is simple, you just need to show your problem to the doctor. Doctor prescribe you some ointment (clobetasol) and you gonna see what's happens. Even if you don't have insurance you probably need to spend $200 maximum. At this time, you can also try natural methods but first like I wrote before - you must be sure what is this.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...