Most Dr's ignor positive results!

I have dealt with BXO for over 25 years. I have been stretched, cut on and creamed to death. In 2006 I read about the research of Dr. Walter Shelly on BXO. I contacted him prior to his death and got advise as to how to get control. I tried long term antibiotic treatment. IT WORKED!!!!!!!! Leading up to that time, I had NO SEX life as I would crack and bleed after ANY type of sexual activity. It HURT to urinate to the point of crying. Within 4 weeks of beginning the treatment, I had DRASTICALLY  improved. I stayed free of any symptoms for over 3 years. I then slowing started seeing them again, so I did a milder follow up. That took me to 2015 where some of my symptoms were returning. In went to another Dr, as the first one who treated me had left the area, and here we go again... Creams, and suggested cutting. When I told him of the previous success, he basically dismissed it as if I only dreamed about it. FINALLY I found an Asian Dr, in 2016 who had an open enough mind to put me back on the previous treatment. And AGAIN..... It has cleared up after only a few weeks.
Go visit this web site for Dr' Shelly's information.   http://www.cirp.org/library/treatment/BXO/shelley1/

I'm on 2.4mil intramuscular penicillin G bezathine for 3 injections over 3 weeks and also 3 months of amoxicilin/clavulanate potassium. I may need some surgery to remove scarring but not sure yet. IF you cannot find a Dr willing to work with you... FIND ANOTHER DR. I had to educate my current Dr, and he was open minded to learn.

• Upvote 1

FOLLOW UP.....

On about day 10 of my shots (4 days ago).... I started getting flu like symptoms, but different. I researched what may have been happening and found information that I believe that all should know. after finding this and 72 hours later, I started taking Chlorella which helps detox the body. after only 24 hours, I'm feeling 90% better.

Jarisch-Herxheimer Reactions
What Is "Herxing?"

Chronic Lyme patients (REMEMBER, Dr Shelly believed that we were infected with the same basic bacteria as lyme )  that have to deal with the Jarisch-Herxheimer Reaction from antibiotics.

It takes place in response to antibiotic treatment with several conditions, including Lyme Disease. Other illnesses that are known to have associated herx reactions include rheumatoid arthritis, tuberculosis ("Herxheimer..."), syphillis, relapsing fever (Rull), and Candida--also known as systemic yeast infection ("A Body..."). Still, it is most common with Lyme Disease.

Herxing occurs when dead or dying bacteria release large amounts of toxins into blood and tissues at an alarming rate. "This provokes a sudden and exaggerated inflammatory response" ("Herxheimer..."). Essentially, the body is attempting to eliminate the released toxins much faster than it is able to ("A Body..."). The bacteria can also drill into the white blood cells and live inside. Killing these particular bacteria also results in the death of the host cell. The immune system releases the massive inflammatory response, and this will "cause a rise in symptoms in the area in which the bacteria are being killed" ("Herxheimer..."). What this means is that if the bacteria in your knee are being killed off, your herx is likely to include swelling in your knee. Bacteria dying in the brain can be associated with a rise in neurological symptoms.
The most common symptoms reported include increased fatigue, joint or muscle pain, skin rashes, photosensitivity, irritability, paresthesia, dizziness, sleep disturbances, asthenia, muscle cramps, night sweats, hypertension, hypotension, headaches (especially migraines) and swollen glands. Also reported are heavy perspiration, metallic taste in mouth, chills, nausea, bloating, constipation or diarrhea, low grade fever, heart palpitations, tachycardia, facial palsy, tinnitus, mental confusion, uncoordinated movement, pruritus, bone pain, flu-like syndrome, conjunctivitis and throat swelling" ("Herxheimer..."). I experienced many of these over a 72 hour period.
When you're herxing, remember to detox, detox, detox! While there are medications your doctor can prescribe to assist your detoxing functions, this is usually something you're responsible for doing at home. Most importantly, always keep hydrated. Drinking lots of water helps to flush toxins out faster ("A Body..."). Putting a bit of lemon juice in your water can also expedite this process, especially in the liver.

Detoxification Secrets & the Shocking Truth About Toxins

Are you trying to detox from Lyme Disease or other illnesses? Sure, you are following a strict natural protocol, bent on detoxifying and ridding your body of toxins associated with the die off of Lyme and other tick bacteria and parasites. But did you realize that those very same toxins can be re-absorbed, then re-circulated, causing even more serious side effects or illness? So how come no one ever told us? In fact, it has been clear to healthcare practitioners because they have been recommending natural agents like Chlorella and Red Marine Algae, like Dulse and Nori, that actually bind the toxins in order to draw them out of the body. If you have ever had a life-threatening Herxheimer reaction, it is likely due to a massive influx of toxins that the body cannot eliminate, quite possibly started after taking large doses of anti-microbials.

What is a toxin?
Technically, a toxin is a substance that is produced by a living organism (other things that have been included under the umbrella of "toxin" are produced by non-living agents, like heavy metals, pesticides, etc. For the purposes of this article, we will address the ones produced by living organisms). These substances are poisonous at low concentrations, and they are able to be absorbed (and re-absorbed) by the body tissues. One way they do this is by binding to cell receptors and interacting with enzymes. The damaging toxins referred to when treating Lyme Disease are termed neurotoxins. In The Klinghardt Neurotoxin Protocol, presented as a lecture by Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD., neurotoxins are described as substances that act on the nerve cells. He states, "They are absorbed by the nerve endings and travel inside the neuron to the cell body, (where they) disrupt vital functions of the nerve cell."1 This explains why Lyme patients often exhibit neurological symptoms such as brain fog, confused thinking, paralysis, depression, MS-like symptoms, and other serious problems

Where do the neurotoxins come from?
Spirochete neurotoxins are produced in three main ways. 1. Living bacteria normally excrete metabolic wastes as well as other substances. 2. Killed bacteria dump their cell contents into the body. 3. Our own body releases poisonous natural toxins in response to infection. All three create problems.

Klinghardt states that the body detoxifies mainly through the skin, liver, kidneys, skin, and lungs. When the neurotoxins move through the liver, they are removed with the bile into the small intestine. Here is the skinny on what happens next: Since the neurotoxins have an affinity for nerve tissue, and the small intestine is lined with nerves, most neurotoxins are then re-absorbed and are then re-circulated!2

What happens to the neurotoxins once they are re-absorbed?
Klinghardt says that they can take four primary paths back into the body. 1. Nerve cells transport the toxins into the spinal cord and brain. 2. Veins take the toxins back into the liver. 3. The lymphatic system picks them up and dumps them back into a major vein. 4. Bowel bacteria and intestines pick them up.3

Shoemaker, in his paper A New Diagnostic Tool And A New Drug Therapy Provide Major Weapons Against The Surging Epidemic of Post-Lyme Syndrome, posted on his website http://www.chronicneurotoxins.org, gives this explanation: "Borrelia bacteria likely manufactures a nasty suite of neurotoxins which circulate in human fatty tissues, such as those found in nerve, muscle, brain, lung and bile, rather than in the bloodstream (as happens with more common illnesses such as pneumonia). Because these bacterial poisons are moving through the body's fat storage system and bile, they cannot be reached by the "antibodies" that search out and destroy invading microorganisms in the bloodstream. Instead, they continue to travel throughout the tissues for years at a time, triggering such classic symptoms of Lyme Disease as fatigue, headaches, shortness of breath, joint aches and short-term memory impairment."7
The role of inflammation
Shoemaker says that toxins not only affect the nervous system, but can trigger serious inflammation in the body, which can affect virtually any tissue or organ. The symptoms from this inflammation appears to mimic the same symptoms of the infectious agent.8 (This explains one reason why anti-inflammatories are so often recommended in Lyme protocols and the some of the controversy in the reasoning of avoiding long term use of antibiotics.)
As a response to the toxins present and to the substances that the bacteria release, the body's own immune system cells release powerful cytokines (pro-inflammatory substances). Cytokines that address neurotoxins come from the body's fat cells. Apparently, the response of these particular cytokines may continue to cause havoc because they do not turn off when the infectious agent is removed. Therefor, the body's own response can create inflammatory illness.9

Bind toxins and stop the re-absorption
Allopathic agent: Cholestyramine (CSM) is a prescription medicine that is now being prescribed by the more Lyme literate doctors. This is a resin that binds to bile acids in the small intestine, which in turn trap toxins. These trapped toxins are not re-absorbed and are eliminated via the feces. Shoemaker recommends that chronic, Post-Lyme patients be treated with Cholestyramine for at least 4-8 weeks. In one study treating over 200 Post-Lyme Syndrome patients with CSM, Shoemaker reported a 92% improvement in symptoms.10 Interestingly, lower grade Herxheimer was reported during treatment. (This medicine causes side effects and is contraindicated with several medications and conditions, including some thyroid conditions.)

Natural agents: In his paper, Lyme Disease, A Look Beyond Antibiotics, Klinghardt outlines the following natural supplements that have been shown to bind and remove neurotoxins and help mobilize them:11
1. Mucuna bean powder/ Cilantro/Chlorella taken together. (Allergy Research Group markets "KingChlorella," a top notch product that comes in small aspirin sized pellets, which enables you to chew it or take many at the same time. 10 pellets equal 2,000 mg.)
2. Beta-Sitosterol
3. Forskolin
4. Propolis powder
5. Apple pectin
6. High fiber ground veggies

Edited by Michaelc123
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...